Summit County Fiscal Office

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Unclaimed Funds

Unclaimed Funds


Fiscal Officer Kristen M. Scalise CPA, CFE serves as trustee of unclaimed funds in Summit County and processes valid claims upon receipt of a notarized claim form.

Unclaimed funds are moneys accumulated and owed from transactions performed at county agencies. Examples of transactions include over-payments, fees and costs, lost heir accounts and sheriff sale proceeds.

Unclaimed fund amounts of $10 or more are listed here. Search for your name now to find out if you have unclaimed funds. In the box below, please enter your last name or business name and wait for the results to appear below. Do not press the return button after you type your name.

Unclaimed Funds Search
Do you have unclaimed funds? Search here to find out.

To retrieve unclaimed fund money, you must submit an Unclaimed Funds Application to our office in its entirety. Please know that you can file your own claim. It is simple to file a claim and takes less than 90 days to process. You do NOT need to use a paid professional finder or third party.

Unclaimed Funds Application (1.63 MB)
A claimant may file a claim WITHOUT the assistance of a paid professional finder.
>> Details

Unclaimed Funds (0 B)
The Summit County Fiscal Office serves as trustee of the county's unclaimed funds...
>> Details

How to file your own claim:
  • Download a copy of the Unclaimed Funds Applciation
  • Complete the application in its entirety
  • Include a photo copy of the following document(s):
    • Personal Identification (driver’s license, State ID, passport, work ID)
    • Additional documents may be required for more complicated claims: by original owner using an attorney, joint owners, custodian or guardians, trusts, heir/fiduciary of deceased owner, ex-spouse, business owners, non-owners, or professional finders. Please see the application for more details.
  • Application must be signed and notarized.
    • Notaries can be found at your local bank, city and county office, police and sheriff departments, and most law firms. If you need assistance with finding a notary, please call us at 330-643-2556.
  • Mail application and document(s) to: Summit County Fiscal Office, Attn: Unclaimed Funds, 175 S. Main St., Room 406, Akron, Ohio 44308.

*Paid professional finders please click here