Tax Bill Explanation
Your tax bill at a glance is provided as a public service by your Summit County Fiscal Officer Kristen M. Scalise CPA, CFE. Move your mouse pointer over each
pink highlighted area
of the tax bill for a more detailed explanation.
A unique number permanently assigned to your property. The first two digits represent the taxing district. Please refer to this number when possible.
An assigned number when the tax bill was printed.
Real Estate Taxes For
Tax collection cycle. In the State of Ohio, real estate taxes are billed for the prior year.
Legal owner's name.
Tax District and Description
Political Subdivision and School District
Abbreviated property legal description
The tax rate is calculated by the State of Ohio and comprised of levies voted in by your district. This explains where your tax dollars are distributed.
Summary of Charges
- The percentage reduction in each real property tax levy of each taxing unit for each class of real property for which a reduction is required.
NON BUSINESS CREDIT
- Grants a rollback on the residential class of property and most agriculture properties.
OWNER OCCUPANCY CREDIT
- A 2.5% reduction in property taxes, for homeowners.
- Senior citizens over the age of 65 and/or a disabled taxpayer may qualify to receive this reduction. You can call our office at
CURRENT NET TAXES
- The amount of current real estate taxes owed after reductions.
- Akron residents should call
; all others should contact the Summit County fiscal office at
Closing date for payment of taxes in order to avoid any statutory penalty for nonpayment.