Summit County Fiscal Officer Kristen M. Scalise CPA, CFE would like to remind property owners that first half 2016 real estate taxes are due on Friday, February 17, 2017, with the exception of military personnel. Property taxes are deferred for military reservists who are on active duty. Applications can be obtained by calling (330)643-2641 or visiting our website at: http://fiscaloffice.summitoh.net.
There are multiple ways for taxpayers to make payment:
- In person: Payments can be made in-person at the Summit County Fiscal Office, Treasurers Division, 3rd floor of the Ohio Building, 175 S. Main St., Akron 44308. Our office hours are 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- By mail: Mailed payments must be U.S. postmarked by February 17, 2017 to avoid the statutory 10% penalty for late payment. A private meter is not valid for establishing the date of payment.
- At banks who participate in the Regional Tax Collection System: A list of participating banks is included on your tax bill. Checks must be payable to the banking institution.
- Online or by phone: Tax bills can be paid online or by phone through a secure payment service provided by Official Payments Corporation. Taxpayers will need their parcel number on-hand. A nominal service fee will be charged by Official Payments Corporation. To pay taxes online or by phone, go to http://fiscaloffice.summitoh.net/index.php/on-line-tax-payments.
- At a MoneyGram location: In-person cash payments can be made through MoneyGram, a new payment service offered at 35,000 locations nationwide. MoneyGram provides guaranteed same-day transactions. A nominal service fee will be charged by Official Payments Corporation. To locate a MoneyGram center, visit https://www.officialpayments.com or call 1-800-MoneyGram.
The Tax Installment Program (TIP) is available to offer assistance to those who are unable to pay their real estate tax bill. Homeowners who enroll in this program can avoid late payment penalties. To be eligible, all taxes and assessments must be current. The deadline to sign up for the Tax Installment Plan is February 17, 2017, also the last day to pay first half 2016 real estate taxes. Call (330)643-2869 to enroll now.
The Fiscal Office continues to offer various programs to assist homeowners with the payment of real estate taxes. If you have fallen delinquent, please call our office for more information(330) 643-2600.