Fiscal Officer Scalise searching for owners of $2.1 million in unclaimed funds, visit Acme Fresh Market locations October 3rd - 14th
Summit County Fiscal Officer Kristen M. Scalise CPA, CFE is searching for owners of over $2.1 million in county unclaimed funds. The Fiscal Office will host an unclaimed funds booth at participating Acme Fresh Markets during the first two weeks of October. Staff will be on-hand to search for citizens’ names in the unclaimed funds database and assist with filing a claim to recover monies owed to them.
Fiscal Officer Scalise serves as trustee of unclaimed funds in Summit County. Unclaimed funds are monies accumulated and owed from transactions performed at county agencies. Examples of transactions include overpayments, fees and costs, lost heirs accounts, and sheriff sale proceeds.
County unclaimed fund amounts of $10 or more are listed in a searchable database online. Visit http://FiscalOffice.summitoh.net and click on the “Unclaimed Funds” link under the heading “Additional Services”. Enter your last name or business name in the search box and wait for the results to appear. Do not press the return button after you enter your name.
Owners of unclaimed funds can file their own claim, without using the service of a paid professional finder. The claim form is simple to complete and can be downloaded from our website. Owners are required to submit a photo copy of a valid form of personal identification such as a driver’s license, state identification card or passport. Claim forms must be signed by the owner and notarized.
Citizens who visit Acme Fresh Market locations will have the opportunity to complete and submit their claim in one step. The notary requirement will be waived for amounts under $1,000. Visit an unclaimed funds booth at the following locations between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.:
- Monday, October 3: Acme Fresh Market No. 1, 1835 W. Market St., Akron
- Tuesday, October 4: Acme Fresh Market No. 2, 2420 Wedgewood Rd., Akron
- Wednesday, October 5: Acme Fresh Market No. 4, 116 W. Streetsboro Road, Hudson
- Thursday, October 6: Acme Fresh Market No. 17, 4445 Kent Road, Stow
- Friday, October 7: Acme Fresh Market No. 10, 2226 State Road, Cuyahoga Falls
- Monday. October 10: Acme Fresh Market No. 11, 600 South Ave., Tallmadge
- Tuesday, October 11: Acme Fresh Market No. 6, 3200 Greenwich Road, Norton
- Wednesday, October 12: Acme Fresh Market No. 14, 3235 Manchester Road, Akron
- Thursday, October 13: Acme Fresh Market No. 18, , 2147 East Ave., Akron
- Friday, October 14: Acme Fresh Market No. 21, 3875 Massillon Rd., Green